Sunday, November 11, 2007

Best Video


The video Human Soldiers is a military video about all the different branches. The video basically shows clips and “highlights” if you will from the different branches.
The videos music is done by Rob Zombie. The song is called More Human than Human and the meaning behind the song in this instance is not very important. The song is just a rock song that gets me pumped up and with me being in the military it just makes the video that much better.
The video starts out with M1A1 Abram tanks flying down the road until the music starts to play; it then goes into an AC-130 locking onto enemy personnel and sending them to meet their maker. It shows the explosion going off which makes it even more exciting.

It also shows a lot of weapons in the video. It shows tons of Apaches, Blackhawk’s and other aircraft just letting of hellfire’s and different types of missiles.
It also shows some video of what we are actually doing over Iraq and not so of the things you see on the news.

I guess the main reason I love this video so much is because I look up to the people I see in it. I think it would be so much fun to fly an apache or a fighter jet, or possibly drive a tank, send in mortars and other types of combat arms operations.

I know some people won’t understand what is so interesting about anything in this video and won’t understand why it is done. The reason is because, well, the aren’t in the military and if they don’t think its interesting now they probably will never think its cool and that’s ok because I’m sure whatever they are going to do with their lives in going to be much more thrilling than flying a fighter jet at 1000 mph.

1 comment:

ENG 001: Language & Writting said...

I find this video very interesting; I agree with you that it provokes aggression in the viewer as well as a sense of patriotism. At one point in my life I too wanted to join the army and a small part of me gets nostalgic for that desire as I watch this video.

The images portray the US military as a body of wonder and the effects showcase the might and advanced position of our military forces. Some of the aggression mildly bugs me however, the scene where the two soldiers are grappling and the scene shown in which a group of enemy forces are swiftly shot down reminds me of just how brutal war is and brings about a renewed desire for peace.