Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Free Write


Everybody has those weeks if you know what I mean. Well in my instance I have been having one of those months.
So many things are going on in my life right now it is hard to concentrate and completely dedicate myself to one thing. So much homework is being issued, I bombed the last Chem. Test and now I have a 10 page paper due in LAS in two weeks. Not only that but I need to pass my APFT, Army Physical Fitness Test, in order to get my scholarship to pay for school or else my career here at Wesleyan is done for. Sounds like a lot of stress to me and that is exactly what I’m feeling. STRESSED OUT.
It’s times like this in your life when I think you really find out if you are who you think you are. You either are weak minded, let the stress get to you and let it intensify or you stride on and get things done. As much as I know I'm the kind of person who won’t let it get to me, I don’t think I have been doing the best job of non procrastination. Being a freshmen in college is definitely a complete 180 transition compared to being in high school. There are so many things you have to do and so many things that can distract you from doing things that need to be done. I was thinking it is time for a break. And what do you know this coming up in the next few days is, you guessed it, a break. Just what I needed. So I decided that I need to get some serenity from all this chaos. I’m going out of town to do whatever it is I want to do. The only bad thing is when I come back and am welcomed by the Lincoln skyline I know it is inevitable that I also will soon be welcomed by the stress once more.

2 comments:

ENG-001; Language and Writing said...

Lol. This is EXACTLY how I feel. I think that a lot of us are feeling this way. There's schoolwork, family stuff, work, and financial problems. It's like it never ends! I'm taking 18 credit hours this semester and next, and I'm going to be paying loans off until I'm 40. And that's just the beginning. And I know form experience that being a procrastinator doesn't help, but at the same time, it's like there's nothing you can do to change it. I'm glad you put it that was: the Lincoln skyline and stress being the same thing. That's how it feels. Well, hang in there! :) You aren't alone. And good luck with the APFT!!!

ENG 001: Language & Writing said...

I think that we can all relate... at one point or another everyone gets stressed out, and at times it is hard to take everything in. The worst I think is when you work so hard for something and somehow it doesn't pan out for you. Those are absolutely the worst. Another thing is that life it seems gets more like this every year. The further you get away from home the harder it is to del with stress. But I don;t just mean the fruther as in distance. I mean the older you get, the harder it is to coop with curtain things, and the stress level is severely increased. And like you said it, you can go out on vacation and then you get rid of all your stress how way, some how and everything feels just great. But when you come back you just get that much more stress in your life and everything goes back to the way it once was. I once read a quote by Ricky Williams who played for the Dolphins, and he said how you deal with stress is just how successful you will become.